Creating and selling products can be very lucrative as you know. Many full time marketers build their business on this foundation and selling your own products vs affiliate products puts you in control and gives you leverage.
Here are five down and dirty simple product creation research methods you can use to source your next great product topic.
First, keep a Google Doc sheet to stay organized, add new product ideas as you see them. Don’t only do research when starting a new product, but make it fluid and part of your daily routine. As you check W+ daily to see what’s selling, as you participate in forum to build post count, as you research for your current report, easy to have new products ideas come to you.
Just add them to your Google Doc and keep a bank of product ideas to refer to in the future.
Let’s look at some of our favorite methods for researching new product ideas…
1) The Michael Jones Method
- Pull up WF Main Forum first 2 pages in one tab and the then the WSO Forum in another Tab.
- Read the thread titles within each forum and find out what the products are about And make note.
- What ever topic has the most number of titles in the main forum and the least in the WSO Forum is a great low supply/high demand topic.
- This is high demand and low supply high demand in the main forum and low supply in WSO forum.
Michael is a member of our internet marketing mastermind group and has used this method successfully to create best selling reports and others in the mastermind have as well.
2) Market Place Method
- Go to Warriorplus.com, JVZoo.com and/or ClickBank.com.
- Take a look at the top products from today, yesterday, past 7 days, and past 30 days.
- Browse through the sales letters of each product.
- See if there are any within the same niche.
If you see multiple products in the same niche that are all selling over 100 copies, you know that is currently a high demand niche with lots of buyers and affiliates available. Trends change over time so don’t go back a couple years. No more than 30-60 days.
3) The PLR Method
- Use WarriorPlus. JVZoo to search for PLR packs by popular sellers.
- Purchase the PLR packs.
- Take a look at the stats to see if they sold 100+ copies.
- If they launched the product on the Warrior Forum browse through the WSO thread and see if it’s a popular thread (2+ pages).
This will tell you where there is buyer demand and also give you a base to take the product a step further by adding more information such as your results using the method, unique twists or additional resources.
4) The Case Study Method
Case study method. If you buy a product and follow the method, document your results.
“Watch How I Built a List of 1,000 subscribers in 30 Days”
“Watch Over My Shoulder As I…”
Teaching what you do! My personal favorite and only method I use now along with the Mark, Bryan and Lee. Teaching what works and what you do in your day to day business to profit will always build a strong buyer list that will pay you for months and years to come.
5) The Forum Method
Subforums and main forum. Commonly asked questions. Keep file open and write questions down and check mark if mentioned again. If asked over and over, worth topic to create a product on.
Those questions become your base and you can add your own research along with answers in the forum. This was actually how I created my first best selling product in 2014 on Pay Per Lead programs. I saw multiple questions on the topic being asked in the Warrior Forum and decided to research it further. By the time I finished my research, I was profiting from list building and PPL programs.